Welcome to ONYXSTASIA

Jambo! Habari gani?
My name is Kahmaria, and I'm pleased you are interested in African Dance for Fitness.

FOR EVERYONE:
My classes are for anyone, at any age, and open to men and women.  Just come "Shake What Yo' Mama Gave Ya!"

My BIO: I trained with Thelma Gibbson(BC) in Caribbean dance, and Eyen-Isong Afrcan Dance studio(BC) and toured with them for 2 years. I have choreography experience with dance group Malaika Saba(SK) and presently coach a student dance troupe at an elementary school(SK). I was an instructor at the YWCA for a year (2004-05) and I hold a Fitness Leadership Certificate(2005).
Recently, I choreographed for SCCCA Inc.'s senior and junior dancers for the Afro-Caribbean Pavilion Folkfest -2007(SK).  You may have also caught one of my performances at the Francophone Pavilion(2009).
 MORE PHOTOS: www.kahmaria.spaces.live.com

WHAT I DO: Instruct traditional African dance classes for adults, teens and a parent-child class. Design Afrocentric Fashions and accessories for women, men, and children. Workshops: for adults, teens, and children.

WHERE: STUDIO SANKOFA: Location under construction.
(mobile workshops available)
phone: (306) 262-2099
Registration / more info: email: onyxstasia@gmail.com

CLASS SCHEDULE

Minimum of 15 students required.
to register: please email me at address below, or call
cel:(306)262-2099 for more info.

ADULT CLASS:
Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct 5, 12, 19, 2010

register at:
www.saskatoonsalsa.com
or call Kim Parent @ (306)241-6967
$60 for 6 weeks.
Tuesdays 8:00-9:00pm
At Oshun House 912 Idylwyld Drive N.

PARENT-CHILD CLASS:
Not available untill further notice.
$45 / 4weeks - $15 drop-in
Saturdays 11:00am-12 noon

TEENs CLASS(11-14 yrs) and (15-17 yrs)
Not available until further notice.